Affordable Heating Company in Lee’s Summit & KC Metro Area
Homeowners, as well as business owners in Lee’s Summit, MO and the Kansas City Metro Area, will discover excellent, affordable heating services with Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling.
For Over 50 Years, We Have Provided Heating Repairs, Replacements, and Installations for:
- Water Heaters
- Hydronic Boilers
Kansas City’s Go-To for Heating Services
For your furnace, water heater, boiler, heat pump, or geothermal heating needs, Eric Kjelshus Heating and Cooling has been Kansas City’s go-to company since 1972. Our licensed and insured heating technicians have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right the first time. We come prepared with well-stocked radio-dispatched service vehicles to deliver excellent heating repairs, replacements, or installations promptly.
If you need any help keeping your home warm, we’re here to help. For furnace repair, replacements, installations, or maintenance, we deliver affordable energy-efficient solutions that last. If your furnace is older than 10 years and in need of repair, a new furnace replacement could be your best solution. New furnace installations are now available with programmable smart thermostats that can be controlled from your smartphone.
We depend on a well-functioning water heater for hot showers, fresh laundry, washing the dishes and so many other daily needs. If your tank is not heating the water as fast anymore, or if you see corrosion or leaks around the tank, it’s time to give us a call. Our licensed and experienced technicians are equipped to offer water heater repair, installations, replacements, and maintenance with prompt service.
Water conducts heat better than air, making hydronic boiler systems energy efficient. By circulating heated water through pipes throughout your home, your space will become cozy with up to 70% more energy efficiency. We highly recommend hydronic boiler systems. Whether your boiler uses hot water, electricity, or natural gas, Eric Kjelshus has the knowledge and experience for all of your boiler installation, repair, or replacement needs.
We’ll expertly take care of all your heat pump replacement needs including repairs and installations. We specialize in geothermal heat pumps knowing that these systems offer efficient heating solutions with energy savings for homeowners. Geothermal heat pumps produce cleaner indoor air quality and will outlive other heat pumps.
When looking for a heating system tune-up, our maintenance plans offer more than the leading companies in the local area. Heat pump service should be done at least once a year to inspect the ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions.
Get down to earth with geothermal heating and cooling systems to save on energy bills. The earth has absorbed heat from the sun and holds the heat below the surface. Geothermal heating systems efficiently pull the stored warmth from the ground to pump cozy warmth into your home. We can increase energy efficiency by installing, replacing, and repairing geothermal heating HVAC systems that tap into the sun’s energy to save homeowners’ on their utility bills.
We’ve Got You Covered
When the heating system doesn’t turn on:
- If there are no power outages in your neighborhood, check to see if a tripped breaker is keeping your heating system from receiving power. If that’s not the problem, call a professional.
- Check to see if the thermostat is receiving power. Can you read any messages on the display panel? If the panel is blank, maybe the thermostat needs new batteries. Check the breaker that controls the area if the thermostat is hardwired.
- Check the thermostat settings. Resetting the programmed temperature settings and updating the date and time could solve issues. Call for advice or service if updating does not resolve the issues.
- The access door is ajar. Heating systems are designed with safety features to automatically shut off when the blower components are exposed. Make sure the panels on your furnace are tightly closed.
When the furnace doesn’t ignite:
- The furnace could have a malfunctioning or damaged ignitor. Testing and repairing ignitors is a job for the HVAC pros.
- Look to see if the ignitor matches the type required by the manufacturer. Possibly the ignitor was not replaced with the correct type. Call the professionals if an improper ignitor was installed.
- Dirty electronic ignitions will cause issues. Ignitors are sensitive and easily damaged, so call the pros for service.
- Check to see if the pilot light is out. If you have a heating system that is older than 10 years, it could use a pilot light that continuously burns. A draft could extinguish it, so check for an open window or door. If it still keeps going out, it should be checked out by a professional.
When there’s little to no airflow from the vents:
- Check for closed vent registers. Sometimes the vent louvers can get stuck closed or only partially open.
- Are there clogs in the ductwork? Heavy amounts of dirt and debris can block airflow.
- Check for dirty furnace filters that will restrict airflow.
- Leaks in the ductwork will not distribute the heat to the desired areas of your home. You can seal leaks with aluminum foil tape. If that does not work, you may have to call the professionals for duct sealing services. .
- Blocked air returns will cause air pressure to decrease. Check your return vents making sure they are not blocked by furniture or stored items.
We’ll Help You Stay Warm in the Cold Months.
Contact Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling Today!
It’s our mission to provide excellent yet affordable heating services to Lee’s Summit as well as the Kansas City Metro area and we are honored to be doing so for the last 50 years.
Reach out to Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling if you are experiencing any of the signs mentioned above requiring professional help. We’ll take care of all of your home furnace maintenance, repairs, or installation needs promptly.
We’re committed to serving our customers with the best heating services in the local area. We’ll help you stay warm in the cold months with solutions that last. Call 816-537-5100.