How Furnace Maintenance Pays Off
Simple maintenance can pay big dividends for comfort, efficiency and safety.
When it comes to furnaces (we’ll focus on natural gas), an ounce of prevention truly is worth a pound of cure. To help you avert the hassle of your furnace dying or simply not putting out enough heat– just when you need it most.
Maintenance can keep you safe and save you money and hassles. Would you let your car go a year without a tune-up or oil change? By maintaining your heating system annually, Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling experts can pinpoint potential problems before they become a costly, inconvenient emergency repair or worse, a safety hazard.
Because a well maintained system runs more efficiently, you can be sure to get peak performance from your equipment to help save on your monthly utility bills.
In addition, if you or a family member suffer from asthma or allergies, regular furnace maintenance including air filter replacement is recommended to reduce aggravating dust particles, bacteria and plant spores in your home.
Listed below are some of the key services that should be performed for proper furnace maintenance:
- Monitor exhaust gases before and after for safe and efficient carbon monoxide level
- Check for hazardous debris in the chimney and flue
- Check air filters and re-install
- Check operation of thermostat
- Check gas pilot and clean as required
- Check motor and blower
- Clean by hand brush and vacuum the heat exchanger, inspect for safety
- Clean burners and set for proper operation
- Check gas piping to furnace for leaks
- Make all necessary gas and air adjustments then check results by digital combustion analyzer
- Check furnace cycle
Your furnace should be checked and maintained by professionals. Furnace maintenance by Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling includes the most comprehensive safety check-up and cleaning in the KC Metro Area.
You need the peace of mind that your furnace will be checked and cleaned by experts in natural gas equipment servicing. All of our Service Technicians are fully certified and receive extensive ongoing training.
During the service call, our Service Technician will be pleased to answer any questions you may have about your heating system and will advise you about proper filter maintenance.
Categorized in: Heating and Cooling