Eric Kjelshus Energy | 816-537-5100 | Contact Us

Why should I get annual maintenance done on my air conditioner, furnace or heat pump?

Keeping your heating and air conditioning equipment running at peak efficiency is the best way to save money and keep your home comfortable. Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling’s N.A.T.E. Certified Technicians are experienced at keeping your systems running at peak efficiency and diagnosing minor problems before they become big repair bills. Some air conditioning.. read more →

Why weatherize & insulate my home?

Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling has been reducing energy expenses and waste through weatherization & insulation since 1972. Weatherizing & insulating your home or office can reduce your energy bills by 20% or more while reducing green house gas emissions and increasing your personal comfort by reducing drafts and hot or cold rooms. Our.. read more →

What is home weatherization?

Weatherization (American English) or weatherproofing (British English) is the practice of protecting a building and its interior from the elements, particularly from sunlight, precipitation, and wind, and of modifying a building to reduce energy consumption and optimize energy efficiency. Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is a Kansas City leader in reducing energy expenses and.. read more →

How much insulation do I need in my home?

Since 1972, Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling has been helping Kansas City residents and businesses reduce their energy costs and increase home comfort through the installation of high quality insulation.  Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling offers the best value for your home improvement dollars. We are members of the National Association for the.. read more →

Energy Audits – What Every Homeowner Needs to Know

It’s possible to save as much as 50% of the home energy you’re using, but not without some serious thought, some work around the house, and some monetary investment. An energy audit can help make sure things are done right.  The Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified Energy Auditors at Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling are the.. read more →

Are Ductless Mini-Split Systems Right for my Home?

Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling are experts at installing and servicing ductless mini-split air conditioners and heat pumps.  Since 1972, we have been offering expert heating and air conditioning services to Kansas City are residents and businesses. Our N.A.T.E. Certified Technicians have experience with all types of ductlessmini-split air conditioning and heat pump systems… read more →

What is Energy Star and how does it impact me?

Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is committed to reducing green house gases and extending the natural resources of this planet through conservation and renewable energy.  Since 1972 we have been helping Kansas City residents and businesses increase efficiency, save money and develop environmentally conscious heating and cooling plans. Learn more about Federal Tax Credits.. read more →

What are geothermal heat pumps and how do they work?

Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling has been a leader in installing geothermal heat pumps for residential and commercial applications.  We are experts at all types of geothermal heat pump installation & service including Closed-Loop (Horizontal, Vertical, Pond/Lake), Open-Loop & Hybrid Systems including using solar power. Let our experienced team of N.A.T.E Certified geothermal heat.. read more →

Do we need a Carbon Monoxide detector in our home?

Carbon Monoxide or CO is very dangerous. It can’t be seen or smelled and without a carbon monoxide detector. Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling installs and services the National Safety Institute’s Low Level Carbon Monoxide Monitor to help our customers combat the silent killer – CO.   Consider these facts about Carbon Monoxide: Carbon.. read more →

Glossary of HVAC terms

AFUE – Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency; A measure of a gas furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel to energy. The higher the rating, the more efficient the unit. For example: A rating of 90 means that approximately 90% of the fuel is used to provide warmth to your home, while the remaining 10% escapes as exhaust… read more →