Why Convert My Home, Office or Commercial Building to Solar Power?
Solar power is coming into its own with advancements in design, installation & improvements in efficiency, solar power is a reliable and effective way to reduce utility bills at your home and business.
Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is Kansas City’s leader in solar energy applications for homes and businesses.
We have been installing solar systems for over 20 years successfully saving residents & businesses thousands of dollars while supporting energy independence and reducing green house gases.
Why Go Solar?
Savings Every Month – Your solar electric system powers your home so you can use considerably less electricity from the public utility.
State Rebates and Federal Tax Credits – Your state’s public utility rebates and the federal government’s tax credits can help pay for a substantial percentage of your system and installation.
Protection Against Electricity Rate Hikes – Imagine that you had been able to lock in automobile gas prices in 2004. You’d be paying less than $2 a gallon not only today, but also for decades to come. With every gas price increase, you’d be saving even more money. That’s exactly what you’re doing with the cost of electricity when you install a solar electric system.
Because solar installation is a fixed cost, savings increase as utility rates rise. Essentially, you’re building in a hedge against future rate increases. And rising utility rates are definitely something you can count on, especially considering that they’ve gone up faster than inflation for the past 30 years. In 2006, some states saw the highest tier residential rates jump as much as 55% in just one year.
Increased Property Values – A solar electric system can increase a home or building’s value by reducing its annual operating costs.
Lower Dependence on Fossil Fuels & Foreign Countries – By switching to solar electricity, we can help alleviate our dependence on foreign sources of energy. Solar electricity is used where it is made, so there are no transportation or delivery costs. Solar electricity’s price stability is also independent of the effects of natural disasters, foreign political instability or trade disputes. The supply chain extends simply from the sun to your roof.
Our Solar Services Include:
- Photovoltaic & Thermal Application Installations
- Hybrid Systems – Solar plus Geothermal Heat Pump
- Solar Hot Water Heaters
- Rooftop Panels – Active & Passive Installations
- All Plumbing & Electrical
- Panel Maintenance & Repair
- Financing & Tax Credit Application Support
Residential & Commercial Solar Applications:
We serve the following Kansas City Metro Communities:
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.