Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
Established in 1926, The Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration NEWS is the HVACR contractor’s weekly newsmagazine and is the industry’s most trusted and utilized direct communications link to the HVACR buyer.
How to Keep Your Customers Safe as Well as Comfortable
This multiple-part article series will discuss the basics, codes and standards, and the science behind chimneys. It will show how back drafting affects chimney performance, while explaining the principles of positive pressure. It will explain how to create and use positive pressure so chimneys will draft for safety and performance.
(Part 2 will provide a discussion of venting categories.)
The Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration NEWS Publication date: 10/20/2014
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.