What temperature should I set my thermostat?
There is no certain temperature that will meet everyone’s comfort level.
The system is designed to maintain 70 degrees inside when the outside temperature is 10 degrees colder in the winter. It is also designed to maintain 75 degrees when it is 95 degrees outside.
The whole point in having a system in your home is for you to be comfortable; therefore, set the thermostat on whatever setting it takes to reach your comfort level.
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.