What is Energy Star and how does it impact me?
Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is committed to reducing green house gases and extending the natural resources of this planet through conservation and renewable energy. Since 1972 we have been helping Kansas City residents and businesses increase efficiency, save money and develop environmentally conscious heating and cooling plans.
Learn more about Federal Tax Credits available when you install Energy Star Qualified equipment.
About Energy Star and article from Energystar.gov
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.
The ENERGY STAR program was established by EPA in 1992, under the authority of the Clean Air Act Section 103(g). Section103(g) of the Clean Air Act directs the Administrator to “conduct a basic engineering research and technology program to develop, evaluate, and demonstrate non–regulatory strategies and technologies for reducing air pollution.” In 2005, Congress enacted the Energy Policy Act. Section 131 of the Act amends Section 324 (42 USC 6294) of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, and “established at the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency a voluntary program to identify and promote energy–efficient products and buildings in order to reduce energy consumption, improve energy security, and reduce pollution through voluntary labeling of or other forms of communication about products and buildings that meet the highest energy efficiency standards.”
Under EPA’s leadership, American consumers, businesses, and organizations have made investments in energy efficiency that are transforming the market for efficient products and practices, creating jobs, and stimulating the economy. Now in its 20th year, the ENERGY STAR program has boosted the adoption of energy efficient products, practices, and services through valuable partnerships, objective measurement tools, and consumer education.
Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is Kansas City’s Leading Energy Star Certified Company
Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is a leader in energy conservation throughout the heating and air conditioning industry. Our owner has won awards and spoken at several national events about the importance of energy conservation and the benefits to our customers. Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is the #1 energy efficiency expert in Kansas City.
Our Energy Saving Services Include:
- Installing Energy Star Qualified Equipment – We always offer an Energy Star Qualified option when installing or upgrading heating & air conditioning systems and hot water heater heaters.
- Kansas City’s Renewable Energy Experts – Eric Kjelshus is nationally recognized for his work in energy conservation through renewable energy like solar and geothermal power. Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is the top geothermal ground source heat pump company and installed thousands of solar panels for residential and commercial use.
- Energy Audits & Assessments – Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is certified to perform energy audits for homes and businesses to show you where your money is being wasted and to make recommendations that not only save you money in the long run but also help reduce energy consumption and green house gases.
- Winterization & Insulation – The first place any energy conservation program should begin is by sealing the leaks and insulating the walls, ceilings & floors of your home or commercial property.
- Tax Credits & Rebates Experts – Our Home Comfort Technicians are expert at identifying all local, state and federal tax and rebate incentives available to make your home more energy efficient and save you money. In most cases, we can even handle the paperwork for you.
- Financing Available – The available tax credits, rebates and loan programs make upgrading your system to Energy Star or Renewable Solar Energy more affordable than the less expensive, energy wasting systems. In many cases, you can get started with little or no out of pocket costs!
We proudly serve the following Kansas City, MO Metro Area Communities: Belton, Blue Springs, Cockrell, Grain Valley, Grandview, Greenwood, Independence, Kansas City, Lake Lotawana, Lake Tapawingo, Lake Winnebago, Lee’s Summit, Lone Jack, Peculiar, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Raytown, Tarsney Lakes & Unity Village.
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.