1. Test your Indoor Air Quality If your family is sensitive to mold, you may conduct tests for mold only; or you can do a comprehensive test with a complete breakdown of your air makeup, helping you decide where problem areas lie. These tests are relatively inexpensive and readily available, and are a great starting.. read more →
To most people’s surprise, airborne dirt and household lint cause the most problems with your system. Even if you change your filters every 30 days, 90% of the airborne particles go through your throwaway air filter. These particles will collect on your blower motor, blower wheel, and indoor coil. Air cleaners help but particles still.. read more →
The air temperature leaving your register should not be less than 85 degrees. Even though the air temperature coming out of the register is 85 degrees your body temperature is 98.6. The 85-degree air will feel cool. The problem is not the air temperature but the location and type of register being used. Sometimes a.. read more →
If you have a fiberglass throwaway filter, you should change it every 30 days. The filter helps keep your duct system, motors, and coils cleaner longer. Here’s a great tip for remembering to change the filter: When you get your monthly electric bill… change the air filter. If you do not change your filter, your.. read more →
There is no certain temperature that will meet everyone’s comfort level. The system is designed to maintain 70 degrees inside when the outside temperature is 10 degrees colder in the winter. It is also designed to maintain 75 degrees when it is 95 degrees outside. The whole point in having a system in your home.. read more →
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.