Is my roof a good candidate for solar panels?
Every situation is different and the only way to know for sure if your Kansas City area home or commercial building is a good candidate for solar panel installation is to have one of our experienced & highly trained Solar Technicians.
Our Solar Techs can inspect your roof, measure angle, orientation and shading at no cost to you so you will know if solar is an option. Then, before any final decision is made, our Solar Techs will inspect the structural integrity of your roof, the electrical and plumbing and provide you with a full proposal with all timelines and costs and benefit analysis. We also do a full energy audit to identify all areas where you can save money.
Factors in determining if your roof is a good solar candidate:
Roof Layout – Best results are roofs with 300-400 square feet of clear area that face South, Southwest or Southeast. Flat roofs are also ideal. We may be able to make an East or West facing roof work, it just depends on the shading, angle and roof space.
Shading – It is important that the sides of the roof where we install the solar panels have little or no shading between 9 and 3 every day. In some instances, it may make financial sense to remove a tree or foliage to make room or even install a ground-mounted system if the roof has too much shading.
Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is Kansas City’s Top Solar Energy Company
Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling is Kansas City’s leader in solar energy applications for homes and businesses. We have been installing solar systems for over 20 years successfully saving residents & businesses thousands of dollars while supporting energy independence and reducing greenhouse gases.
Visit our Solar Energy Tax Credits & Rebates page to learn about the available Kansas City, Missouri and Federal financial incentives to install solar power in your home or commercial property and check out our Solar Energy Financing Options that can get you started with little or no out of pocket costs. Check out our Solar Energy Frequently Asked Questions Page for answers to commonly asked Solar Energy questions.
Our Solar Energy Services Include:
- Photovoltaic & Thermal Application Installations
- Hybrid Systems – Solar plus Geothermal Heat Pump
- Solar Hot Water Heaters
- Rooftop Solar Panel Installations – Active & Passive Applications
- All Plumbing & Electrical
- Solar Panel Maintenance & Repair
- Financing & Tax Credit Application Support
Residential & Commercial Solar Energy Applications:
We proudly serve the following Kansas City, MO Metro Area Communities: Belton, Blue Springs, Cockrell, Grain Valley, Grandview, Greenwood, Independence, Kansas City, Lake Lotawana, Lake Tapawingo, Lake Winnebago, Lee’s Summit, Lone Jack, Peculiar, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Raytown, Tarsney Lakes & Unity Village.
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.