How often should I have the system cleaned?
To most people’s surprise, airborne dirt and household lint cause the most problems with your system. Even if you change your filters every 30 days, 90% of the airborne particles go through your throwaway air filter. These particles will collect on your blower motor, blower wheel, and indoor coil. Air cleaners help but particles still get through.
Your outdoor coils get dust, pollen, and grass clippings. These particles will become an insulator and have a huge effect on the operation of your system.
It is recommended that a Heating and Air Condition system, be thoroughly cleaned twice a year to be sure that the system is operating to its full efficiency rating.
It takes special coil cleaners to remove all the particles and bacteria that collect on the parts of the system.
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.