How often should I change the Air Filter?
If you have a fiberglass throwaway filter, you should change it every 30 days. The filter helps keep your duct system, motors, and coils cleaner longer.
Here’s a great tip for remembering to change the filter: When you get your monthly electric bill… change the air filter. If you do not change your filter, your electric bill may increase.
The same is true if you own an electrostatic or electronic air cleaner. They should be washed every 30 days to remain efficient.
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.