Heating Systems Maintenance, Tune Up & Cleaning
The Peak Performance Energy Saver Maintenance Plan for Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling covering your heating system includes all necessary annual maintenance, tune ups and cleaning to keep your furnace or boiler running at peak efficiency.
Our plans are the most comprehensive maintenance plans for residential heating systems in the Kansas City area and generally pay for themselves in lower energy bills and early detection of issues before they become big repair bills.
Our Annual Furnace & Boiler Maintenance, Tune Up & Cleaning Includes:
- Clean & Inspect – We will clean and inspect all motors, housings, bearings, burners, electrical connections, heat exchanger, thermocouple, belts, hoses and all controls of your furnace or boiler.
- Test & Calibrate – We will test and calibrate your thermostat, burners, fans & blower motors, air/fuel mixture, electrical amperage, chimney & exhaust for leaks and fuel supply of your heating system.
- Replace – Air filter & any worn belts of your furnace or boiler.
- Lubricate – All motor bearings and pulleys to ensure proper performance for entire season.
- Inspect Duct Work for Leaks and Proper Insulation – All accessible duct work will be inspected at least once in the first year of your agreement.
If any problems are detected, the technician will discuss the need for any repairs with you and provide an accurate estimate of repair costs. In most cases, no repairs will be needed, but if they are, making them before problems get worse can save hundreds of dollars.
Why is Furnace & Boiler Maintenance, Tune Ups & Cleanings Important?
- Required by furnace & boiler manufacturers to keep your warranty valid
- Ensures your heating system works at an optimum level
- Helps reduce your utility bills
- Can prevent costly repair bills by uncovering small problems before they become expensive ones
- Why You Always Test for Chimney Gas Leaks
- Chimney Fundamentals: The Science of Venting Flue Gases – Part 1
- Learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Make your house (and wallet) happy with the KCP&L Home Performance Rebate with ENERGY STAR.
- You can earn rebates from KCP&L and federal tax credits for home improvements you may already be considering. You’ll reduce your electricity use and get money in your pocket.